Loki is really a damaged soul. On one hand, there is this emotional volatility. He’s neither Asgardian nor Frost Giant — and he is entirely alone, and that makes for a very sad spirit. On the other hand, he’s someone who overtly delights in the chaos he creates. He’s an agent of mischief. There are two roads that I have to go down in my journey to play him: one is to excavate the depths of his spiritual pain and the other is to try and find a place within myself that enjoys wreaking havoc.
Some graffiti found in Pompeii’s ruins:
- Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!
- Restituta, take off your tunic, please, and show us your hairy privates.
- I screwed the barmaid.
- Apollinaris, the doctor of the emperor Titus, defecated well here.
- I screwed a lot of girls here.
- Sollemnes, you screw well!
- Theophilus, don’t perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog.
Nice to see nothing has changed.